UmbraCity is an innovative and a fast-growing Vancouver startup that provides on-demand access to umbrellas in communities. We have created networks of fully automated umbrella rental kiosks that allow users to borrow umbrellas from a kiosk and return it to any other kiosk. This service has been in operations since 2015, and we are ready to take UmbraCity to the next level for its international growth.
About the Role:
UmbraCity is seeking a marketing specialist to join our team. We are looking for a talented candidate who is passionate about people and making communities more livable. The ideal candidate needs to have demonstrated experience in both digital and traditional marketing functions as well as effective communication skills, and willing to go the extra mile to provide exceptional customer service.
The marketing specialist will have responsibilities supporting a number of critical functions at UmbraCity, including managing marketing projects and engaging with partners and members. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding communications skills and extreme attention to detail, while focusing on the big picture objectives. This position reports to the Director of Business Development as well as the founder.
If you think you’re an ideal match, apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work here and why you will be a great fit.
- Create product / service awareness material and campaigns
- Develop marketing strategy
- Generate report for B2B customers
- Design standard templates for all marketing and sales documentation
- Represent UmbraCity at events, exhibitions, as well as being our brand ambassador with corporate members
- Oversee media strategy, conversion tracking, budgets and optimization with a primarily focus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other platforms
- Relevant college degree
- 3+ years marketing experience
- Experience with current and emerging social media platforms, as well as SEO, social media monitoring, and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated writing and editing experience in online media
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Excel and WordPress
- Ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail, work quickly under demanding deadlines, and balance concurrent projects
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Marketing Specialist” as the email subject.