About the Company:
UmbraCity is an innovative and a fast-growing venture-backed startup that provides on-demand access to umbrellas in communities. We have created networks of fully automated umbrella rental kiosks that allow users to borrow umbrellas from a kiosk and return it to any other kiosk. We partner with high-profile and high-traffic properties to offer the service as a unique and useful amenity to their community. UmbraCity has been successfully in operation in Vancouver since 2016 and we are ready to take it to the next level.
About the Role:
UmbraCity is currently seeking a smart, energetic, and strategic-minded Business Development individual with a track record in B2B sales. This is an ongoing position with a combination of salary, stock options, bonus, and growth opportunity.
The Business Development position plays an important role in enabling us to grow faster. As the Business Developer, you will work collaboratively with the founder & CEO, along with reputable experts in the industry, reporting to the CEO. In this role, you will source, evaluate, negotiate, and execute B2B sales with inbound requests for the service around the world.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work here and why you would be a great fit.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create sales material in conjunction with UmbraCity’s team
- Identify leads for kiosk host in high-traffic and high-profile locations in the Vancouver Lower Mainland area. These include, but not limited to Office Towers, Residential Towers, Shopping Centres, Transit Authorities, Hotels, Retails, Venues, Universities, City properties, etc.
- Identify contact information for key decision making individuals within those organizations
- Contact, pitch, and demo the service to those contacts, in accordance with UmbraCity’s agreed offering
- Negotiate and sign agreements (provided by UmbraCity) with the authorized representative of those organizations
- Maintain the relationship with the properties and provide usage reports on quarterly, annually, or as per-request basis; data and template provided by UmbraCity
- Seek opportunities to increase kiosk deployments with other properties of existing customers
- Using your good-natured wit and charm to build new relationships in-person, email, and over the phone
- Expertise in various CRM systems
- Proven B2B sales experience
- Highly competent with excellent executive presence and the ability to communicate effectively and engage with business executives
- Proven ability to identify and negotiate strategic deals
- Previous Business Development or Account Management experience
- Strong project management skills, including ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically according to business objectives
- Ability to work in a start-up environment and eager to see impact everyday
- Exceptional presentation and proficient in Microsoft powerpoint and deck building
- Willingness to travel within Canada and the US as required
- Preferred: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Business Development Position” as the email subject.