About the Company:
UmbraCity is an innovative and fast-growing company that provides on-demand access to umbrellas in communities. We have created a network of fully automated umbrella rental kiosks that allow users to borrow and return umbrellas. We partner with properties to offer the service as a unique and useful amenity to their community. UmbraCity has been successfully in operation in Vancouver since 2016 and we are ready to take it to the next level.
About the Role:
UmbraCity is currently seeking smart and energetic individuals who are excited to join UmbraCity here in Vancouver. We need strong team players to join the team behind the scenes, ensuring world-class service to our users and partners. The staff would carry out a variety of tasks, some of which include kiosk maintenance, installations, and troubleshooting. The staff is expected to be detail-oriented, proactive, and excited to be part of an innovative solution for our community. You will be working in the field frequently and engaging with customers. As such, approachable, friendly and professional personality is expected from the crew at all times. Each team member can expect to work on a variety of tasks related to the service’s long-term milestones.
We are seeking full-time and part-time applicants starting immediately.
Additionally, short term and casual contracts may be available for qualified applicants.
Hours: 16-40 hours per week based on availability and employee performance. We are open 7 days a week, and with this being the case, evening and weekend work should be expected.
Roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Kiosk assembly and installation
- Kiosk maintenance and repairs
- Balancing stations: loading and unloading umbrellas from storage and kiosks
- Accurate maintenance record keeping
- Customer service and public outreach
- Follow company protocols and communicate effectively with other team members
- Monitor and enforce safety at all times based on the company’s protocol
- Recommend process optimizations
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor
- Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing
- Ability to carry equipment up to 60 lbs (27kg)
- Team player and leader by example
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment
- Coachability – Follow instructions; respond to management direction communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
- Interpersonal skills – maintain confidentiality; remain open to management’s ideas; demonstrate patience and willingness to try new things
- Asset: Strong interest in sharing culture
- Asset: Basic technical abilities
- Asset: Weekend and evening shift availability
Job type options: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Compensation: Based on previous experience
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish UmbraCity’s mission.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use “Field Operator” as the email subject.