Full-stack Software Developer
About the Company:
UmbraCity is an innovative and a fast-growing Vancouver startup that provides on-demand access to umbrellas in communities. We have created networks of fully automated umbrella rental kiosks that allow users to borrow umbrellas from a kiosk and return it to any other kiosk. This service has been in operations since 2015, and we are ready to take UmbraCity to the next level for its international growth.
About the Role:
UmbraCity is seeking a full stack developer to join our team. We are looking for a candidate with strong skills in mobile application and back-end development to join our innovative development team. We need an expert who can own the software development and maintenance in the company and understands that the work is highly time-sensitive. A positive attitude and a great sense of humor will go far with our team. The potential candidate needs to be an efficient problem solver.
If you think you’re an ideal match, apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work here and why you will be a great fit.
- Create, maintain and optimize web and mobile (Android and iOS) applications for performance and scalability
- Translate product requirements to system level architecture and high-level design that can be reused across applications.
- Design and implement web services APIs for mobile applications.
- Database administration and management of a hosting environment
- AWS management
- Architecture: 3+ years direct architecture experience, including a combination of system, data, integration, and application architecture.
- Native App Development: 3+ years experience in designing and building native mobile applications on iOS and Android.
- Web Services Development: Deep understanding of API design and REST principles, experience in building web services at scale, preferably for mobile devices, ideally RESTful.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in more than one Mobile applications (Android and iOS) and technology areas.
- Strong command of back-end languages, technologies and protocols such as: PHP, Java (Spring), Node, RoR, SQL, MongoDB, HTTP, JSON, etc.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Git.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Full Stack Developer” as the email subject.
Important: In your email body, rate your following skills out of 10:
- PHP (indicate framework(s)): [1-10]
- AWS management: [1-10]
- Native App (Android): [1-10]
- Native App (iOS): [1-10]
- React Native App: [1-10]