Marketing & Communications Specialist
UmbraCity is an innovative and fast-growing Vancouver startup that provides on-demand access to umbrellas in communities. We have created a network of fully automated umbrella rental kiosks that allow users to borrow umbrellas from a kiosk and return it to any other kiosk. UmbraCity launched its service for the first time at UBC in 2016 with only 4 locations and now it has grown to 50+ locations and is aiming for 150+ locations in Vancouver by the end of this year. We are building a world-class team, and looking for talented and passionate people to develop and support our innovative product. If you want to work with an amazing group of passionate and hardworking people while taking your experience to the next level we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:
UmbraCity is seeking a marketing & communications specialist to join the team. We are looking for a talented candidate who is passionate about people and “making communities more livable.” The ideal candidate needs to have demonstrated experience in both digital and traditional marketing functions as well as effective communication skills, and willing to go the extra mile to provide exceptional customer service.
The marketing & communications specialist will have responsibilities supporting a number of critical functions at UmbraCity, including managing marketing projects and engaging with partners and members. We are looking for a candidate with outstanding communications skills and extreme attention to detail, while focusing on the big picture objectives.
- Create product/service awareness material and campaigns
- Develop marketing strategy
- Manage existing partners and generate reports for B2B customers
- Design standard templates for all marketing and sales documentation
- Represent UmbraCity at events, exhibitions, as well as being our brand ambassador with corporate members
- Oversee media strategy, conversion tracking, budgets and optimization with a primary focus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Google, and other platforms
- Relevant college degree
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- Experience with current and emerging social media platforms, as well as SEO, social media monitoring, and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated writing and editing experience in online media
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Excel and WordPress
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail, work quickly under demanding deadlines, and balance concurrent projects
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com and use “Marketing & Communications” as the email subject.