About the Company:
UmbraCity is an innovative and a fast-growing Vancouver startup that provides on-demand access to umbrellas in communities. We have created a network of fully automated umbrella rental kiosks that allow users to borrow umbrellas from a kiosk and return it to any other kiosk. UmbraCity launched its service for the first time at UBC in 2016 with 4 locations. By 2018 we have expanded our network to 40+ locations with the aim to expand to 150+ locations in Vancouver, and expand the service to other major rainy cities around the world.
About the Role:
If you think you’re an ideal match, apply with your resume and specifically tell us more about the projects that you’ve built that you are passionate about.
- Translate product requirements to system level architecture and high-level design that can be reused across applications.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
● Experience using a front-end JS framework such as Angular, React or Vue, preferably React
● Experience in developing for cross-platform compatible solutions, such as Electron
● Proficient in using CSS, Bootstrap or SASS/LESS
● Experience with writing unit tests with tools such as Jasmine, Karma, Jest, Sinon, and Chai
● Experience with RESTful APIs and SaaS services such as Google APIs
● Comfortable with using code versioning tools, such as Git
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Software Developer” as the email subject.