About the Company:
UmbraCity is an innovative and a fast-growing Vancouver startup that provides on-demand access to umbrellas in communities. We have created a network of fully automated umbrella rental kiosks that allow users to borrow umbrellas from a kiosk and return it to any other kiosk. UmbraCity launched its service for the first time at UBC in 2016 with 4 locations. By 2018 we have expanded our network to 40+ locations with the aim to expand to 150+ locations in Vancouver, and expand the service to other major rainy cities around the world.
About the Role:
UmbraCity is looking for a part-time UI/UX designer for a 6-month contract with the potential to grow into a key and permanent position to help bring our kiosk user experience and engagement to the next level. As a UI/UX designer in our company, you would be leading the project design in collaboration with our development team to create an esthetically intuitive and eminently functional kiosk user interface. Applicants should be apt problem solvers with a positive attitude, and an affinity for working with a great team.
If you think you’re an ideal match, apply with your resume and specifically tell us more about the projects that you’ve built that you are passionate about.
- Create flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups and interactive prototypes
- Work and support the development team throughout the production process
- Create world-class design solutions to various UX/UI problems
- Strong UX background and familiarity with the latest trends and patterns in desktop and mobile design
- Proficiency in Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite applications
- The ability to prototype with tools such as Invision
- Strong knowledge of and skills in designing layouts, typography, pattern libraries, design systems, web and brand elements, etc.
- Basic knowledge of web technologies (html/css)
- Experience with motion design and tools such as Adobe After Effects and Principle an asset
- Experience as part of a team that including front and back end developers
- Ideal but not required: Animation and Microinteraction Design
Please answer the following questions in your application email:
- How many years of CSS experience do you have?
- How many years of Prototyping experience do you have?
- How many years of Adobe Creative Suite experience do you have?
- Are you in Vancouver, BC?
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume email@example.com and use “UI/UX Designer” as the email subject.